Chương trình học bổng Thạc sĩ và Tiến sĩ về Water Engineering and Management (WEM) Tại trường Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand - Tháng 08/2020
Water Engineering and Management (WEM) is one of the core programs in Department of Civil and Infrastructure Engineering under the School of Engineering and Technology (SET). WEM program imparts education, research, and training towards an understanding of the complexity of water cycle, utilization, and management. It offers a balanced curriculum covering both engineering and management aspects of water resources. Students acquire knowledge and hands-on practice in tools and techniques to come up with viable and sustainable water management for water, food, energy, and environmental security. Students conduct research on country-specific water-related problems and have opportunities to join multiple events, research and internship programs with international industries and partners.
WEM the program covers five focal areas: Agricultural Water, Coastal Water, Urban Water, Water Resources, and Extreme Events & Risk Management. The curriculum is designed in such a way that students can specialize according to their interests. Courses such as Watershed Hydrology, Hydrodynamics, Water Resources Systems, Groundwater Development, and Management, Integrated Water Resources Management and Concepts in Water Modeling provide a solid foundation for advanced courses. The curriculum emphasizes tools and techniques in water resources planning and management.
WEM the program composed of faculty members, laboratory supervisors, and researchers from various regions:
· Prof. Ashim Das Gupta (Emeritus Professor)
· Prof. Tawatchai Tingsanchali (Emeritus Professor)
· Prof. Mukand S. Babel (Professor)
· Prof. Sangam Shrestha (Professor)
· Dr. Mohana Sundaram (Assistant Professor)
· Dr. Sutat Weesakul (Adjunct Faculty)
· Mr. Arturo Roa (Senior Lab Supervisor)
In addition to the academic programs, WEM conducts several research projects, training and outreach activities on climate change impact and adaptation assessment on hydrology and water resources, irrigation management, flood risk assessment and management, groundwater development and management, etc. Please visit the following websites to know more about selected projects under WEM:
- http://connect-chf.com/ [Connecting climate change, hydrology, and fisheries for energy and food security in Lower Mekong Basin]
- http://adaptgroundwater.org/ [Adapting groundwater of Asian cities to climate change: bridging the science and policy interface]
- https://wle-mekong.cgiar.org/essential_grid/mk-25-developing-an-operational-framework-for-river-health-assessment-in-the-mekong-river-basin/ [Developing an operational framework for river health assessment in the Mekong River Basin]
- http://www.apn-gcr.org/resources/items/show/2087 [Mapping groundwater resilience to climate change and human development in Asian cities]
-http://wem.ait.ac.th/wem-organized-enrich-project-inception-workshop/[ENRICH(Enhancing Resilience to future Hydro-meteorological extremes in the Mun river basin in Northeast of Thailand) project]
For more information about WEM, visit http://wem.ait.ac.th/ and to learn more on admission process visit: http://wem.ait.ac.th/admissions/. Also follow us in our “Facebook Page” for the frequent updates about WEM’s activities: https://www.facebook.com/Water-Engineering-and-Management-926414151081321/
Several scholarships/partial scholarships are available on a competitive basis. The details on the list of scholarships available can be accessed via https://www.ait.ac.th/admissions/scholarships/. The following is the list of scholarships or fellowships (institute or school or program-wide) available:
- HM King's Scholarships
- GMSARN Scholarships
- ADB-JSP Scholarships
- Thai Pipe Scholarships
- Kurita Scholarships
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarships
- RTG Scholarships/Fellowships
- Korea Government Scholarships
- PR China Scholarships for Chinese Students
Below are the requirements for admissions and scholarships:
- Degree Certificate and Transcript of Undergraduate Degree and/or Master's Degree;
- Two Letters of Recommendation (For doctoral applicants only);
- English Proficiency Requirement: TOEFL (Computer-based: 213) and IELTS: 6 (writing and overall) or equivalent;
- An essay on your proposed research topic (For doctoral applicants only).
Please follow the link for the application: https://www.ait.ac.th/admissions/application-form/
The deadline of applications to be considered for the scholarship for August 2020 intake is 29 February 2020.
Please write to email@example.com if you have any queries regarding admissions and scholarships. Please find the attached brochure of WEM.